Plants and Blooms ReImagined is an opportunity for so many to make a difference through various ways of giving. From volunteer opportunities of various kinds to the unique opportunity to donate indoor plants, to gifting an array of flowers forward, to becoming a part of the donor community, all are vital in growing and sustaining the work of Plants and Blooms ReImagined. Give today!
Plants and Blooms ReImagined seeks and enjoys relationships with individuals and businesses committed to socially and environmentally conscious end-of-use practices for sharing surplus cut flowers and donated post-event flower arrangements and other florals.If you are a grower, florist, market vendor or floral and/or wedding designer or an event or venue manager, grocer or a newly married couple to be, let’s work together to maximize the giving of valuable floral resources to bring increased joy and well-being to the lives of those in need.
Plants and Blooms ReImagined provides a timely and efficient same day (or next day) pickup of post-event flowers with at least two-week notification. Pick-up will occur immediately following to a maximum of 30 minutes post-event. To ensure the most efficient pick-up possible, please complete this form.
Plants and Blooms ReImagined coordinates pick-up of surplus and/or end-of-market cut-flowers and other florals from growers, florists, designers, grocery and farmer's markets. Have donations, please complete this form.
Relocating or downsizing from your home or office and some, if not all, of your beautiful indoor plants are not a part of the transition? Plants and Blooms ReImagined is all about the next tour of service for your beloved plants -- greening a homeless shelter or an intake center, enlivening assisted living facilities, providing a sense of purpose for differently-abled adults, sourcing therapeutic program activities, and more.
Plants and Blooms ReImagined schedules and provides coordinated pickup within the immediate DC area with at least two weeks notification. No out-of-town recovery is available at this time. Photos of all donated plants are to be emailed (see email on requisite form), as well as this form completed. Both will provide necessary assessment information.
Note: Only healthy potted plants are accepted.
See following Board Member description.
Responsibilities of Individual Board Members
The mission of Plants and Blooms ReImagined is to is to facilitate the accessibility of therapeutic horticultural engagement for vulnerable communities in the DC area to achieve enhanced wellbeing.
As the highest leadership body of the organization, the Board is responsible for:
• knowing the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs as well as understand its collective purpose
• serving as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization
• selecting, supporting, and evaluating the performance of the chief executive
• strategic and organizational planning
• fully engaging in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission
• leveraging connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to achieve the organization’s mission
• giving a meaningful personal financial donation
• helping to identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing, and influence public policy
• preparing for, attending, and conscientiously participating in board meetings
• participating fully in one or more committees or taskforces
• engaging in learning opportunities to better understand and respect the lived experiences of the communities the organization serve
• respecting the experiences of all who bring their voices and lived experiences into the boardroom and the organization
• assessing its own performance as the governing body of the organization
• ensuring legal and ethical integrity
• in all doing, expected to work in collaboration with executive leadership and all other stakeholders
Thank you for being one of Plants and Blooms ReImagined’s donor community. Your financial contribution, no matter the size, one time or recurring, is an investment in the growth and sustainability of Plants and Blooms ReImagined.Plants and Blooms ReImagined is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization under IRS guidelines. We, therefore, acknowledge that your donation is fully tax-deductible and that no goods or services were rendered in return for your contribution.
Plants & Blooms ReImagined tax I.D. number is #83-4487703
If desiring to donate by check, send to:
Plants and Blooms ReImagined
2832 Myrtle Avenue, NE
Washington, D.C. 20018